Ways to Give
When you donate to the Whidbey General Hospital Foundation, aside from the modest operating costs of the Foundation, your gift will be used to provide premier medical services, upgrade patient care facilities and to purchase cutting-edge equipment and technology for Whidbey General Hospital.
Your gift may be unrestricted to be used where most needed, or designated for a specific purpose or Whidbey General Hospital Department use.
Memorial or honorary gifts are a meaningful way to celebrate or honor a particular individual as well as support the mission of Whidbey General Hospital. Naming opportunities, as well as being included on the “Tree of Life” in the Hospital lobby, are available in recognition of leadership and legacy gifts to honor, celebrate or recognize individuals.
- Cash: A gift of cash, payable by check or credit card, is the simplest, most direct and popular way you can give to Whidbey General Hospital. These simple transactions can provide tax benefits to the donor and allow the Hospital to move forward more quickly to put the money to effective use.
- Securities: Potential significant tax benefits may be available to you if you choose to donate appreciated securities such as stocks and mutual fund shares. Your tax accountant can advise you on the most advantageous options for you. Please contact Helen Rideau, Executive Director of the Foundation for further information on how to transfer the stocks directly from your account to Whidbey General Hospital Foundation.
- Directed IRA Distribution: If you are over age 70 ½ and required to take annual distributions from your IRA accounts as taxable income, a special provision of the tax code, applicable until year end 2009, unless extended by Congress, permits you to distribute any amount up to $100,000 from your IRA accounts to qualified charities and you are not required to report it as taxable income.
- Real Estate Gifts of unencumbered real estate, held for more than one year, entitles a donor to a federal income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the gift.
- Pledges for a specified amount given over consecutive number of months or years are accepted for those individuals who want to consider making an ongoing and significant contribution to the Hospital.