Heartwise Risk Factor Screenings
Heartwise screenings includes a complete lipid and glucose panel, risk stratification and a one-on-one review with a registered nurse. We will discuss intervention strategies, develop an individualized plan and answer your questions.
Screenings are available by appointment only on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Whidbey General.
Screening consists of:
- Complete cholesterol test (Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, TC/HDL Ratio, Triglycerides)
- Fasting blood sugar
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Body Mass Index/Waist Hip Ratio
- A 10-year estimated risk-projection of developing heart disease or stroke (based on the Framingham Study)
- Cardiac risk factor consultation with a registered nurse
Lab results are obtained within 10 minutes.
Please fast for 12 hours before your appointment or eight hours if you are diabetic.
An individual screening is $65. Group screenings are available for $50 per person. An indivual who has been screened can be re-checked for $50.
The Heart of a Woman program, sponsored by Soroptimist International of Coupeville, Oak Harbor and South Whidbey, provides Heartwise screenings at no cost to Whidbey Island women who otherwise could not afford them.
If you or someone you know is interested in the screening please call the Life Center at 360-678-7656, ext. 2130 or 360-321-7656, ext. 2130 for more information or an appointment.