Not your usual hospital gift shop…
We carry handbags, scarves and a variety of clothing. Many of our customers visit us before traveling to pick up new apparel and accessories. We also offer baby and toddler clothing and gifts, glassware and other unique items. You can find candy, flowers, cards, stuffed animals, toys and daily necessities, and every purchase supports high quality care at Whidbey General.
How are we different?
Our gift shop is run entirely by volunteers, such as manager Michelle Suggs (left), who provide an enjoyable shopping experience while raising needed funds for the hospital.
We offer local items such as soap and lotion by the Oak Harbor Soap Company, handmade chocolate by Sweet Mona’s in Langley, greeting cards by artist Patty Picco and brass and copper ornaments by Brass 1 Ornaments in Port Townsend. We also sell books by local authors.
We feature fair trade merchandise such as beaded jewelry made by Guatemalan artisans and other items through Amano Fair Trade.
We are the only gift shop in Central and North Whidbey to sell See’s Candy on a year-round basis.
Profits from our sales support the purchase of medical equipment from the hospital’s annual Wish List.
We raised $26,800 in 2011 for:
- Cordless telemetry units for the Whidbey Family Birthplace that allow patients to be up and moving around during their stay.
- A cardiac rehabilitation treadmill for the Life Center for Essential Wellness to be used for patients as they recover from a cardiac event.
- 17 flat screen digital televisions for the Intensive Care Unit, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, Emergency Department and the Whidbey Family Birthplace
Gift Shop Hours
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
Want to learn more? Interested in volunteering?
Call us at 360-678-7656, ext. 3901 or 360-321-7656, ext. 3901.