Get Personalized Assistance with the New Health Insurance Plans
Whidbey General has trained and certified a group of individuals to help you learn about and sign up for one of the new health insurance plans made available through the Affordable Care Act.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) went into effect Oct. 1, 2013. The ACA seeks to expand access to health insurance, increase consumer protections, promote prevention and wellness, improve healthcare quality and curb rising healthcare costs.
Washington Healthplanfinder, created as part of ACA implementation, is an online marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses can find, compare and enroll in a health plan that fits their needs and budget. Washington Healthplanfinder is operated by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange.
Coverage under the new plans begins Jan. 1, 2014. Open enrollment continues through March 31, 2014.
Washington Healthplanfinder provides:
- Side-by-side comparisons of brand new health plans
- Financial help to pay for copays and monthly premiums
- Free and low-cost coverage is also available
- Expert customer support online, by phone or in-person through an insurance broker or local organization such as Whidbey General
Whidbey General can help!
We have certified a team of individuals to help you with the new health insurance changes. Their assistance is available in-person or by phone.
- Answer your questions about the Affordable Care Act, the Washington Health Benefit Exchange and Washington Healthplanfinder.
- Help you find a health plan that works for your budget and needs and sign-up for it at Washington Healthplanfinder.
- Discover if you qualify for a government subsidy to help you purchase health insurance.
- Identify other resources to help you as needed.
- Provide bi-lingual assistance (Spanish-English).
This Assistance is Free!
It's easy to learn more
- Call 360-678-7626 (from Central and North Whidbey)
- Call 360-321-7656, ext. 3877 (from South Whidbey)
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have an appointment at Whidbey General to sign up for health insurance. What should I bring?
To apply for one of the new health insurance plans, you will need:
- Social Security numbers and birthdays for everyone in your household who is applying for a plan
- Passport, alien or other immigration numbers for any legal immigrants in your household applying for a plan
- Income information for all adults and any minors age 14 or older in your household who are required to file a tax return
- Information about any other health insurance plan your family currently has, or is eligible for
- In addition to the above, please print out and complete this form, which will help you gather everything you need and save you time during the application process.