from 03:00 PM to 04:30 PM
|Where:||Whidbey General Hospital Life Center|
|Contact Name:||Mary Waters, Exercise Physiologist|
|Contact Phone||360-678-7656, ext. 2130 or 360-321-7656, ext. 2130|
|Who Should Attend:||
Individuals who have experienced difficulty losing weight and achieving wellness
|Add this event
to your calendar:
Whidbey Wellness is designed to improve health in individuals who have had difficulty losing weight and achieving wellness.
The program meets Tuesdays and Thursdays for eight weeks and is led by exercise physiologist Mary Waters (right). Each session includes 45 minutes of education and 45 minutes of exercise.
Participants learn realistic and useful strategies to modify their lifestyle that will help them change their way of thinking about diet and exercise.
Participants must meet minimum registration requirements.
All participants must:
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or more and/or pre-diabetes or diabetes.
- Agree to avoid diets such as Atkins, Dr. Phil, South Beach, Slim Fast, Prism, etc.
- Agree to avoid diet supplements and appetite suppressants such as over the counter diet pills (carbohydrate busters, Dexatrim, etc.) or prescription (sibutramine and orlistat) medication.
- Agree to commit to 150 minutes of additional exercise each week.
- Developing an eating pattern that fits your lifestyle and meets your nutritional needs
- Reading and understanding food labels
- Nutrition education with a registered dietitian
- Meditation/stress management techniques that will help reduce stress eating
- Developing a safe exercise program
- Ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine
- $160/eight week session for employees and hospital volunteers
- $250/eight week session for non-employees
For more information, contact Mary Waters at the Life Center at 360-678-7656 ext. 2130, or 360-321-7656, ext. 2130. Or email email@example.com.