from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Where:||Whidbey General Hospital Conference Room B|
|Contact Name:||Line Goulet RN, BScN, M.Ed Certified Diabetes Educator|
|Contact Phone||360-678-7656, ext 2661 or 360-321-7656, ext 2661|
|Who Should Attend:||
Open to the general public, anyone at risk for diabetes and family members of people with diabetes who want to be supportive.
|Add this event
to your calendar:
This free program will be presented by Certified Diabetes Educator Line Goulet, RN, BScN, M.Ed. (right).
The biggest risk factors for developing diabetes are being overweight and inactive. There are some simple things that you can do to reduce your risk. Knowing how to read and interpret labels as well as making a plan to reach a goal can help you get started.
Topics at this free class will include:
- What's the difference between healthy eating and dieting?
- Sugars are carbs and so is broccoli
- If it tastes good, it must be bad?
- Making sense of labels and the information they hide
- Exercise is not a four letter word
- Size does make a difference
- What's in a number? (blood glucose, A1C, cholesterol, blood pressure)
- Set a goal, make a plan